Just a reminder that our local retailers stock the GHS uniform items.
They are more than happy to
help you out and order items in if need be.
- Peter Young Apparel (mainly the boys’ uniform items
- The Pin Tin (girls’ uniform items)
UNIFORM – Years 7–11:
Please make sure all your uniform items
are named. You are one of 550 students wearing uniform so if you mislay a
garment you need to be able to identify it as yours.
Summer uniform is
worn in Terms 1 and 4 and winter in Terms 2 and 3.
regulation jersey and/or black regulation polar fleece jacket.
are polishable black leather school shoes. Black leather Roman
sandals (without socks) may be worn with summer uniforms. Girls may
wear leather T-bar sandals, with or without white socks in summer, with
black tights/knee high socks in winter.
– plain black, or red and black stripped.
– Black, or red/black school beanie. Black cap or bucket hat (no
- Plain black waterproof/shower proof jacket –
may be worn travelling to and from school, and in the grounds, but not in
polo shirts - short or long sleeves. Plain black short or long
sleeved polypro may be worn under polo shirt.
- Grey shorts or trousers.
regulation blouses – may be worn out or tucked in.
skirt – must be worn above the hip and within 5cm of the knee.
kilt – must be worn above the hip and at mid-calf length.
white ankle socks (not mid-calf or knee high) worn with summer skirt.
- Black tights or knee socks worn with winter
If you need to wear a non-regulation
item of clothing e.g. your shoes have fallen apart and you cannot buy new ones
until Saturday, you need to bring a note of explanation from home and the Dean
on duty outside the staffroom before school will issue you with a uniform
Wearing your uniform
body piercings, except for one pair of plain studs in the ears, are
not permitted, and covering your nose stud or other facial piercing with
sticking plaster is not acceptable.
tattoos are not permitted, and covering them with sticking plaster is not
and nail polish are not to be worn at school.
visible jewellery except a watch and a pair of stud earrings (no hoops, no
dangling earrings, no brightly coloured “fun” earrings).
must match the colour of the shirt. Black thermals with a black shirt, and
white thermals with a white shirt.
SENIOR UNIFORM (Years 12 and 13)
Blazers in 2016:
- Compulsory for Year 13.
- Optional for Year 12.
MALES: may wear:
- White or black plain dress shirt (long or short sleeves) tucked
- Plain black “dress” pants (not jeans, cargo pants, track pants,
pants made from sports fabrics or pants gather at the ankles)
- Plain black regulation black shorts – may be ordered through
Peter Young Apparel
- Black or grey socks with long pants, GHS regulation socks with
- Black, polishable, leather shoes (no embellishments, no boots or
high tops, no fabric/canvas shoes, no sports shoes) or Roman sandals in summer
- GHS tie (must be worn when a blazer is being worn) – (purchased
from Peter Young Apparel)
- GHS crested jersey or polar fleece
UNIFORMS CANNOT BE “MIXED AND MATCHED” – eg
black dress shirt cannot be worn with grey shorts or trousers
FEMALES may wear:
- Regulation white school shirt.
- Blue skirt – straight or pleated style – (ordered through The
Pin Tin ).
- Black, polishable leather lace-up shoes (no embellishments, no
boots or high tops, no fabric/canvas shoes, no sports shoes), T-bar sandals or
Roman sandals in summer.
- GHS crested jersey or polar fleece.
OR standard female summer uniform - white shirt, navy skirt.
- Regulation white school shirt OR white, long sleeved, collared
shirt and GHS tie (purchased from Peter Young Apparel).
- GHS kilt.
- Shoes as for summer.
- Black knee-high socks or tights.
black showerproof jacket, black or black/red scarf, plain black or black/red