The Geraldine High School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) works to support our wonderful school and its students.
- to foster a spirit of co-operation, understanding and goodwill between staff, parents, friends, Board of Trustees and the Geraldine community on matters concerning the welfare of Geraldine High School and its pupils
- to support Geraldine High School in its efforts to involve parents and whanau in the education of its pupils
- to advocate on behalf of parents/whanau and young people regarding education, family and youth issues
- to offer practical and financial assistance to the school, by way of fundraising, grants and parent involvement
- to carry out other activities consistent with the charitable objects of the Society.
We are a member of the national organisation, NZPTA, that advocates for the benefit of students and their families at the national level. Our recently elected officers are:
President – Jane Stack
Secretary – Karen Woodley
Treasurer – Natasha Rankin
Student Reps - Amelia Houston and Maggie Bendsen
Getting involved in the PTA is easy. Just come along to our monthly meeting and consider supporting any initiatives that might be undertaken. The PTA is a great way to meet other parents, too.
The PTA meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month from February to November, with the AGM set down for May. The meetings are either held at Cafe Mes Amis in Orari or at the Geraldine High School Library.
Some of our initiatives during the last two years include:
- contributing towards a range of seminars such as the Exam Excellence Seminar given by Patrick Sherratt as well as hosting his Parent Information Session (August 2013).
- supporting parent evenings on NCEA and Charter and Strategic Planning
- granting funds for the upgrade of the School Library (2011-2013)
- providing morning tea for the parents/caregivers "Meet the Teacher" evening held in February
- providing afternoon tea for the parents/caregivers during the Year 7 get-together at the end of March
- catering for the "Heights of Winter" (Rogaine) in (June 2013)
- organise a self-defence course for daughters and mums
For more information, please contact:
Catering: Anna Guerin